Whatever time of the year that you wish
to revive your spirit and enrich your soul with nature's beauty, it's time to
visit EUREKA! SPRINGS.
Discover EUREKA! Springs,
an authentic 19th
century Victorian resort, nestled in the Ozark Mountains of Arkansas and
encircled by two great lakes and two scenic rivers. We are a historic city with
old-world charm and a European flavor offering timeless leisure and endless
sightseeing. Our many festivals and special events bring world-renowned talents
in music and art to our intimate village. Step back and escape to EUREKA!
Throughout the year, you
may enjoy beautiful EUREKA! Springs, the only city in the country whose entire
downtown area is on the National Register of Historic Places. During cozy
winters, fresh springs, bright summers, and brilliant autumns...there is always
something to see and do. From the wonders of nature to The Great Passion
Play, from outdoor sports to healing spas, from historic Victorian architecture
to Thorncrown Chapel.
How about visiting
EUREKA! Springs in May, when that magical month gets jam-packed with events
related to the arts. It's the May Festival of the Arts - a month filled
with artists, music, and FUN. EUREKA! Springs welcomes everyone to
experience and enjoy the incredible talent found in this Victorian village
tucked away in the Ozark Mountains. "It's All About Art. It's
All About Music, It's All About You."
Or, consider October as
the perfect time for EUREKA! Springs and the Ozark Folk Festival.
Dedicated to the preservation of folk music, the weekend is filled with
traditional and contemporary folk music performed in venues throughout the city.
Come and be entertained by nationally known and local performers. And,
don't forget to behold the rich colors that fill our fall landscape.
Find yourself surrounded
by the warm glow of colorful lights twinkling from gingerbread Victorian houses,
enjoying nostalgic window displays in old-fashioned storefronts, listening to
warmly bundled carolers in the crisp air of an historic park, dining in a
romantic, cozy restaurant. Be in EUREKA! Springs during our winter Serene
Season. Many guests enjoy our mild winter months in the quiet and gentle
atmosphere of this special time of year.
Don't wait to enjoy
life's simple pleasures. EUREKA! Springs is open year around! Every
day from January to December!
Pick any day to discover
EUREKA! Springs. We'll be waiting for you! To find out more about what
EUREKA! Springs has to offer, visit www.eurekasprings.org
or call for a FREE
VISITORS GUIDE at 1-800-6EUREKA
Bible Museum - Priceless
collection of over 6,000 Bibles, parchments and artifacts.
Thorncrown Chapel - Called
the most beautiful little chapel in the world, this inspiring architectural
wonder hides deep in a woodland setting. Guides explain the design, which
is an expression of the Gospel in architecture.
and Lakes (Fishing)
* Fishing Striper, crappie, bass
(white, large and small-mouth), northern pike, channel catfish, walleye.
* Beaver Lake - 30,000 acre lake, nearly 500 miles of shoreline. Marinas,
swimming, camping, fishing, skiing.
* The Buffalo National River - Just 40 miles from Eureka Springs, this famed
waterway is cherished for its magnificent scenery, attracting float trip
enthusiasts from far and near.
* Lake Leatherwood - 1,600-acre city park with 100-acre spring-fed lake.
Great for group meetings. Public boat docks, picnic areas, campsites, hiking
* Table Rock Lake - Goes all the way to Branson, (MO). Scenic views, great
* The Kings River- One of America's only rivers that flows north: pristine
waters, great for float trips.
* The White River - Famous for trout, and for canoeing and float trips.
* Opera in the Ozarks
Performances of world-renowned opera during the summer '99.
* Ozark Mountain Hoe-Down Music Theater - Music and Comedy show.
* Pine Mountain Jamboree - Eureka Springs original live country music and comedy
* Belle of the Ozarks -
12-mile narrative cruise tour on Beaver Lake.
* Eureka Springs Historic Downtown Area - History, Victorian architecture,
shops, art galleries, charming atmosphere. The entire downtown is listed
on the National Register of Historic Places in America.
* Eureka Springs Historical Museum - Local history and artifacts.
* Eureka Springs Tram Tours - Narrated tours of the downtown historic district.
* K Tours - Entertaining tours of Eureka Springs.
* Southern Pride Carriage Tours- Quaint carriage tours of Eureka Springs.
* War Eagle Mill - Water-powered grist mill on the War Eagle River. War
Eagle Mercantile gift shop and Bean Palace Restaurant.
* Cosmic Cavern - One of
the Ozarks prettiest caves.
* Inspiration Point Lookout - View of the white river and surrounding mountains.
* Onyx Cave - Spectacular living cave.
* Pine Mountain Observation Tower - 100 ft. tower with breathtaking view of the
* Pivot Rock and Natural Bridge - Fascinating geological formations.
* Razorback Observation Tower - Another panoramic view of the surrounding
* War Eagle Cavern on Beaver Lake - Popular natural wonder.
Rides & Float Trips
* Trail Rides - Dinner Bell
Ranch, Bear Mountain Trail Rides, Red Bud Horseback Riding Stables.
* Float Trips - Charlie's Riverfront Cabins & Canoe Rental, Kings River
Outfitters, Riverside Resort and Canoes, Riverview Resort & Country Store,
Spider Creek Resort, Riverside Resort & Canoes.
* Eureka Springs Antique
Shows - March 17-18 and Nov. 17-18.
* Eureka Springs Model Railroad Company - One of the nation's largest HO scale
* Frog Fantasies - Famous frog collections.
* Fun Spot - For kids of all ages. Go-carts, mini-golf, amusements.
* Gay Nineties Button and Doll Museum - Dolls and button mosaics.
* Judge Roy Bean's Old-Time Photos & Weddings - Unique ceremonies performed
in period costumes.
* Kings River Golf Course - 18 hole par 70. Public.
* Pine Mountain Village - Shopping and dining attraction.
Victorian Homes Tours
Rosalie House, St.
Elizabeth Catholic Church, Quigley’s Castle.
Healing Benefits Massage
Therapy Co., Palace Hotel and Bath House, Gryphon's Roost Spa & Gallery,
Health Works Massage & Reflexology Center, New Horizons, New Moon Spa.